Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update and Happy Administrative Professionals Day!

HELLO everybody! It has been some time since my last blog post so I thought I’d do another update on what’s been going on. Life has been SUPER DUPER BUSY.

I officially moved in with Dave on April 7th. Yep, already! Things just happen naturally for us. That’s what I love about us. We don’t have to force anything between each other. We can tell each other anything and everything! The move took quite some time. I didn’t realize I had so much stuff. Dave was wondering how a person who didn’t have their own house could have so much stuff! I went to my parents house 3 days before the moving date to pack everything in the Craft Room. That part wasn’t so hard since I keep everything in the Drona Cubes or the Kassett Boxes. On moving day, Bryant came and helped load the U-Haul. He was definitely a big help! There was no way I would have been able to help Dave move my big furniture. Dave’s brother came and helped us unload the U-Haul.

3 weeks later, everything is going in its place. I have unpacked pretty much everything. I have two closets. Hehe. Dave and I share the master bedroom closet and I also have the closet in the craft room. I was using plastic hangers in my old closet. I switched ALL of them out with the velvet ones. The Costco near me has 35 velvet hangers for only $10. Best deal I’ve seen so far. So maybe 6 (possible that it’s 7 or 8) boxes of hangers later, my closet is all organized! I also gave away 3 bags of clothes and 1 bag of shoes. I tossed anything that was too big, too small or looked unflattering… I LET IT GO. It’s actually easier to let go of things when my mom isn’t there to yell at me. Anything I didn’t want any more, I would just hand it to my mom and she decided what she wanted to do with it. But I’d hear a lecture from her of why I’m throwing stuff out and how it’s a waste of money. Mothers! We’re trying not to let junk build up in our house so Dave totally support me in throwing stuff out.

I’ve also been a soccer mom with no kid or soccer. I was telling Dave his sports were getting out of control! Just last week, on Monday & Wednesday, he had volleyball games, Tuesday he had softball practice and Thursday was our normal softball games. THEN on Saturday He had a softball tournament all day. I felt like a soccer mom with driving(not literally because he drives 90% of the time – while I SLEEP lol) my kid to practices and games. 2-3 days out of the week is understandable but 5 days out of the week is out of control!

Aside from all of that we’ve(mostly Dave) been working on the house. Dave took so many trips to the Lowe’s that the cashier’s started to recognize him. Dave is quite the handy man! Ever since our move, he’s already done SO much to the house. He replaced ALL the outlets and light switches. We had some yucky almond colored ones. He mounted the TV in the living on top of the fire place with all the wires hidden BEHIND the walls and put together the entertainment stand. I did hear a lot of “craps” and “uh-ohs” during the process and there were a lot of holes -- which he patched up really well.


This weekend he finished the master bathroom. New vanity lights, new faucets, new towel rod, new paint, new shower curtains! Now all I have to do is organize my things. BTW, this is my bathroom. Dave is going to be mostly using the guest bath. Hehe.

Oh and my puppy Cody – he is the cutest monster! I love this little guy and I know he loves me! Dave texted me while I was in class to tell me that Cody was whining for me when he got home. I love coming home and Cody’s all excited to see me – wagging his little tail and snorting! He’s completely potty trained and lets us know when he needs to go outside. When it’s raining outside, we look the other way, pretend that we don’t see him and we let him go on the mats. Terrible I know but I hate that wet dog smell. Cody is also a regular at Lowe’s(We can’t take him to a lot of places and Lowe’s is one of the places that do allow small dogs). All the ladies love him there.


My handsome men

This week is Administrative Professionals Week. Since I am a Loan Administrator (I do all the paper work for Loan Officers) I get to celebrate Administrative Professionals Day! We got an extended lunch today and our meal was paid for by the Loan Officers’ Boss! We were told yesterday that he had donated money for our lunch – a generous donation at that. So my team suggested that I make him a thank you card. Here is what I came up with!



The Craft Room is still in process so I didn’t have that much time to use the Cricut. Used MCT dies and Papertrey Ink Stamps.

My Kitchen Aid mixer hadn’t been used in 2 weeks and I felt the need to use it. So I made cookies. Since David has assistants, I made these cute and simple cookie treat bags for them for Administrative Professionals Day.




Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment