Thursday, May 31, 2012

Costa Rica - Pura Vida

Hello everyone! I haven't had the chance to update because I have been in Costa Rica for the last 7 days! It was absolutely amazing. I can't thank Dave enough for taking me! You are the BEST!

 We flew into San Jose, Costa Rica on a red eye last Wednesday night. Our flight was at 1:35 a.m. I was so tired that I fell asleep AS SOON AS I sat down in my seat. I woke up when we got to Guatemala. They called it a technical stop but it was a pretty much a layover. Some people got off and some people came on board; the rest of us stayed in our seats and continued to Costa Rica.

We got a rental car. We upgraded to a Toyota Rav4 in case there were unpaved roads. Dave did all the crazy driving there. Luckily it was all paved roads, but only 2 lane highways. If you wanted to pass up the person in front of you, you had to go in the opposite lane. It was scary sometime.

 Oh the funniest thing, NO ONE talked to me in English. Everyone always started their conversations with me in Spanish and then after they realize I don't speak Spanish. I guess this time of year is when all the Latin American Countries visit Costa Rica. The bell hop at our 2nd hotel told me he thought I was Mexican.

We went on a Nature Walk around the Arenal Volcano, White water rafting in Rio Balsa, Tabacon Hot Springs, Arenal Hanging Bridges Nature Hike, Ziplined at the Los Suenos Canopy, visited Manuel Antonio National Park, and Dave did a surf lesson on Jaco Beach. The weather was really hot and humid. It also rained the first 3 days we were around Arenal. The rest of our trip was spent around the Pacific Coast. Overall, we both liked the Volcano area better. The people were much nicer and we just felt safer there.

 Here we are having a great time! Enjoy the pictures! It's A LOT!




















































































































White Bedroom Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment