Tuesday, June 12, 2012

sprained ankle

Hi everyone!

I've been on bed rest for the last 4 days. I sprained my ankle last Thursday at my softball game. I play catcher and they hardly ever throw the ball home. If they do, our pitcher, Tony, covers me. Anyway long story short, my friend Monica threw the ball home. I jumped up to catch it. At the same time, the runner at 3rd base slided home. When I was coming back down from my jump, I fell on him and sprained my ankle. I caught it but runner was safe! Boo!

I laid on the dirt for a good 5 minutes trying to breathe. I didn't cry! lol I'm a cry baby but I hardly ever cry when there is physical pain involved. Dave and Aeron helped me off the field. Patty got me some ice and then Dave took me to urgent care.

We waited in urgent care for almost 3 1/2 hours. They took some x-rays. Luckily nothing was broken. The ice made it worse. So I just took the ice off and kept my foot elevated. The urgent care doctor gave me a week off work with instructions to see my primary doctor. I saw my primary doctor earlier today and she wanted to extend my week by 4 more days! I was like "uhh a week is enough!"

I was on crutches on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I had to walk to class yesterday to take my final. There was no way I was going to make it across campus with my crutches. My whole body ached from using the crutches. I had never been on crutches which made this worse.

On a brighter note, we had our housewarming on Saturday. A ton of people came! I wanted to thank everyone who came to celebrate our new place with us. I was a useless hostess, as I had to sit most of the time. Dave had to do pretty much ALL the prep work. Good thing I ordered food to be catered. I still managed to make some salsa and clean somethings sitting on a stool. Jenn and Wynn came early and helped set up the food and drinks! The whole shindig didn't end until 2 in the morning. By the end of the night, we still had a ton of food and drinks! Melissa and Aeron helped us clean up most of the mess before they left.

Since I've been home, my little Cody has been my shadow and he doesn't leave my side. Look at this spoil brat sleeping in bed with me!





















Anyway, since I'll be home for the rest of the week, I'm going to work on a couple more blog posts and a couple of cards. Thank you so much for stopping by!

White Bedroom Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment