Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Melissa's Bridal Shower Invites

Melissa’s Maid of Honor, Barbara, gave me assignment of the invitations for her bridal shower. Of course, I was thrilled! "Project!" - Clueless. I’ve been wanting to make invitations. I had to really think about how I wanted to make it. The wedding invitations hadn’t been sent out yet so I didn’t want these to over shadow those. I decided to keep it under 4x6 since I assume the wedding ones will be 5x7. I also had to think about all the embellishments I wanted to use on a card. I love pop dots and I knew I would have to limit or completely eliminate them since we were mailing them. Postage gets expensive!

I found the template on Etsy from pickledoodledesigns. It was $14 to get the template designed. It took about a week but she made all the changes I requested. I had requested for a 3x5 size and so she sent me a JPEG/PNG file -- which I was able to fit 4 invites on a 8 1/2x11 PDF file. Then I sent it to FedEx Kinkos via their website to print on 100 lb cardstocks. Then I cut them out with a paper cutter(borrowed it from work. LOVE this thing! I want to buy it... $70. Really thinking about it!) and layered it on purple Bazzill cardstock. Then I wanted to add some sort of embellishments. So I cut a strip of gray Bazzill carstock and wrapped it around her name and topped it with a circle with her initial. I used MCT stitched circle die. I wanted to heat emboss her initial but I couldn't get the embossing powder to work correctly. (BUT I learned from a visit to Paper Source that if you use Colorbox Pigmented inks, you can heat emboss BEAUTIFULLY!) So for these, I just used a white chalk ink. Of course, I had to use my corner chomper to round the edges.























Even though it was a given that Melissa would be there whether she got an invite or not, I still sent her one anyway. The guest of honor! I wanted her to experience what the guests experienced when they opened it! She loved it! Definitely worth all the work!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
  White Bedroom Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment