Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cake Pop Success!

I’ve always said I’d be a PTA Mom when I have kids. But for now, my “kids” are my co-workers. They get spoil with everything I make because I see them every day. Every holiday, I try to make some sort of treats.

Patty bought me a baby cakes cake pop maker for Christmas. I tried to use and it was a complete disaster! So I just decided to go old school and use Bakerella’s basic cake pops method. It took me a total of 4 ½ hours (baking and putting together everything) Rolling them into little balls was SUCH a PAIN! Tips that I have... use a plastic bowl to melt the candy melts as other material bowls can get too hot. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals and stirring them in between. Save foams that come with your electronics, you can use it when you're drying the cake pops. It was SOOO worth it! EVERYONE LOVED IT! Melissa is even thinking about using it as her wedding favors!

Ever since, Emma came out with her Stitched Lollipop Holder Die, I’ve been dying to use it. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to use it with lollipops or cake pops. Along with the Stiched Lolipop holder die, I used the Scallop & Stitched Circle Die Set & Classmate Valentines Stamp Set to complete the look.









I didn't make enough of the lollipop holds for all the cake pops. So I decided to make quick tags so David can give them out to his co-workers. I just used the heart die that came with the My Creative Time - 100% Sweetness Stamp Set and stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" from the My Creative Time - You Had Me at Chocolate & the hearts from My Creative Time - 100% Sweetness Stamp Set






Now taking orders for birthdays and wedding favors! lol jk. I am going to make some for Sam's daugther's 1st birthday!

White Bedroom Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment