Sunday, July 3, 2011

sewed curtains & tote bag

Hello everyone! It's a beautiful weekend here! It's HOT HOT HOT! I think it was so hot that I was dehydrated yesterday and suffered a super duper bad migraine! Nai, Melissa and Aeron walked around DTLA for about 4 hours! We went to the fabric district, flower district, and the famous Santee Alley.

Aeron and Melissa got quotes for flowers, table clothes, and etc for their weddings. If you live in the area and getting married... I highly suggest you don't rent your linens! It is soooo much cheaper to actually buy the table clothes then to rent them! We found table clothes -- 120 inch in diameter for only $10 --- opposed to renting them for like $30 each! Then this guy wanted to charge $50-$60 for each pomander ball that were made out of roses! I could make it for like $10-$15 each! The wedding industry is ridiculous!

So I'm sorry that I've been M.I.A. I feel like I've abandoned my cricut! The last couple of days I've been playing with my sewing machine so much!

Here's a curtain that I made for my room. The fabric is kind of lacy-ish so it has holes -- it lets a TON of light into my room but yet still gives me privacy. I like the light coming in because I don't sleep in as late since the sun coming early in the morning. I like sleeping in but I feel like I waste my day when I sleep in too late!






















Another thing I sewed was this TOTE BAG!!! I was so proud and excited. It took me 2 days! This bag is reversible and it even has little pleats. I made this for Melissa and she loved it! She said I needed to sell my bags!




















I'm off to make some waffles for Mike and I! Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend! Use plenty of sun block and drink lots of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment