Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Flat Iron Cozy Tutorial

Since I hadn’t played with my sewing machine in awhile, I wanted to make something last night. A couple of years ago, I bought a ton of insulation batting to make curling iron/flat iron holders. But I never got around to making it! My mom gave me a ton of fabrics!






















I mostly just want to sew aprons, purses, curtains, and etc. Not so much of clothes.

I got my inspiration from Rubies & Pearl blog

This is for a flat iron cozy. It’s a little short to fit my curling iron.

















You’ll need Two fabric strips measuring 6x30 inches & One piece of insulation batting measuring 6x30inches

















Place the fabrics in these orders – first piece of fabric down right side up, second piece of fabric down right side down, and the batting on top of that.

















Pin all three layers together

















Sew along the edges leaving 1/4 inch seam.

















Clip the corners.




Flip the fabric right side out so that the insulation batting is in the middle.

















It should look like this.

















On the other side where it’s not sewn yet, you’ll cut the insulation batting about ¼ inch on top and another ¼ inch on the side about 3 inches down.

















You’ll sew it together like this, this will be your flap to close it.


















Fold it to the 3 inch mark.

















Pin it together.

















Sew along the edges leaving 3/4 inch seam and then cut of the excess on the side.

















Flip it inside out.

















And VOILA!

















Place your flat iron inside.

So now when you need to take your flat iron on the go, you won’t have to wait until it cools down any more.

I’ll be making another similar tutorial for a curling iron!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment