Monday, June 27, 2011

new toy -- DSLR D3100

Good morning everybody! I hope everyone had a nice weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful here. I was sad that there was no sun but now there is TOO MUCH sun. It was sooo hot!

I had to clean out my room on Saturday. My parents are refinancing the house and there is an appraiser coming. Mike is so wonderful. He helped me move all my boxes, a dresser and all kinds of other stuff that I had to take to the garage. My room has never looked cleaner and bigger! (which is what we wanted for the appraiser)

Mike also got a new DSLR camera. So which means… that I have a new TOY to play with!! Hehehe I bought him a Nikon D3100 for Christmas. He upgraded to the Nikon D7000. He called me an Indian giver because I took my present back. Haha. Photography started out as just a hobby for him and now he’s getting small wedding gigs and gatherings. He’s also getting paid for it! It’s really great for him! I’m so happy for him and proud of him. I’m happy to be the enabler in this situation; as he enables me in my crafting.

Nai was suppose to have her birthday celebration on Saturday night but had to post pone it. USA vs Mexico Soccer game was going on at the Rose Bowl and it would have been too packed in Pasadena for her celebration. So Mike and I went to the Giffith Observatory to take pictures. He’s been wanting to go there for awhile. But I got bored whenever he was taking pictures and wanted to leave. This time, it was a different situation because I had a camera to play with!!! Here are some of my shots.



  
we went right at sunset. 
















what a cute couple! they were having a nice picnic.















the Griffith Observatory















the beautiful sunset
















I love L.A!!!
















The Hollywood Sign. 















L.A Skyline at night.



.

 I LOVE the colors at sunset.















hehe Love him!

On Sunday, Mike and Rony went paintballing; which meant that it was play time for me and Wendy. Lately, we’ve been seeing on a lot of blogs about taking old furniture and using spray paint to fix it up. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure! We were inspired. So yesterday we each had a project to work on. She wanted to repaint her vanity mirror and I had an old stool that my mom wanted me to repaint.

Here’s the stool before repainting it. It was exteremly dirty and ugly. I had to wipe it down with bleech before spray painting it.






















This is the stool after. It was so easy. And best of all, I discovered this spray paint grip. It’s a comfort grip! I LOVE IT!!!


















 


In between the paint coats, we relaxed by the pool and swam. Well, I just sat in the pool while Wendy swam. Lol. It was such a nice day yesterday. Wendy and I cant wait to spray paint more things!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment