Thursday, October 25, 2012

Balloon Birthday Card

Hello everybody! I'm UBER excited today because I got an email from my Professor saying class is cancelled! I was so excited that I almost punched Dave when I was celebrating!

So everyone that knows me knows that I HARDLY ever exercised! Softball was the closest thing to me getting my exercise. Even then it was only ONCE a week. My runs were short sprints in between the bases. I would be huffing and puffing and the base coaches made fun of me for that. Then I sprained my ankle 4 months ago and I hadn't really done anything. I played ONE game of softball like a month ago and I sucked so bad I struck out like the WHOLE game! So no running was involved. I withdrew from my Monday night class so I thought I would start going to the gym again. I had been paying for a gym membership since January and I've gone maybe 5 times.

So this past Monday night, Dave and I went to the gym. My normal gym routine consists of riding the bikes and some sit ups. When I got on the bike, my knee was making this weird popping noise. So I got off and just did some sit ups while I was waiting for Dave to be done lifting weights. I HATE the weight room at the gym. It smells REALLY TERRIBLE. Anyhow, when he was done, we go upstairs to the machines and Dave told me to get on the elliptical machine while he used the other machines really fast. I'm not the biggest fan of that machine because I feel funny using it. I feel like i look all uncoordinated. But I agreed. I was on the elliptical for TEN minutes exactly. As soon as the 10 minutes mark hit, I just got off (with NO cooling off period). When I got off, I felt kind of sick. I told Dave that I had to throw up. Then I felt REALLY dizzy. Dave said I kinda just collapsed into his arms -- my body went limp. Then he said he saw my eyes roll back and I wasn't responsive. Then he put me down against a pillar and ran to get the L.A Fitness guys. Dave said I passed out. I thought I was responding to their questions. They asked me what name is, how old I was, where I lived. Then they called 911! While we were waiting for paramedics, I was already coming to. Dave was giving me water and that was already making me feel better. The paramedics came REALLY quick. Seriously no more than 5 mins. I told Dave I was fine but he wanted them to still check me out. There was 2 paramedics and then all of sudden there was 5 and they were all surrounding me. One of them hooked me up to some machine and the other one was asking me questions and pricked me finger for some blood. They stood me up to make sure I was ok. I stood up fine but I felt dizzy still so they wanted to take me to the hospital. But I refused. Yes I have health insurance but oh my gosh that ambulance ride would have cost an arm and leg and my first born that I don’t have. They even had the lady from the hospital talk to me on the phone trying to convince me to go. She was like “DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN DIE?!” I was like “yes, I understand” and I still refused. Long story short, I probably had low blood sugar since the last time I ate was at lunch. I was trying to burn off calories I didn’t have. And I should exercise on the regular so stuff like this doesn’t happen! I was able to walk out of the gym and go eat In-n-Out. I am fine and I was even able to go to work the next day. Now I’ll be known as the girl who passed out whenever I go to the gym! Thanks for reading my story!

Here is a card that I made for my softball teammate Kelly. I actually hand cut those balloons because I was too lazy to get my Cricut out.

White Bedroom Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment