Monday, January 23, 2012

The Getty Museum

Good morning everybody! Happy Monday. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It’s a full week! YIKES!

It’s raining here today. Normally I’m not for the rain, but we haven’t really had any rain this winter. It rained for a couple of hours on Saturday morning. My company’s softball tournament was cancelled and post-pone. I’m not playing this time around. Just a happy spectator! I will be playing Softball in a recreational league on Thursdays with David, Melissa, Aeron and some of our other co-workers.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day. I love how vibrant everything look the day after it rains. I’ve lived 15 years in L.A and never been to the Getty Museum. David and I have been talking about visiting the Getty for the last couple of weeks since neither of us have been there. We finally went!

The Getty is absolutely beautiful and everything was state of the art! It’s definitely getting funded properly. They lend out IPod touches for the audio tours. And the restroom had these SUPER PRETTY toilet paper with some butterflies embossed in them. lol I know I noticed the detailing on the toilet paper. I wanted to take a roll and try to incorporate it in my cards somehow. hahaha


















isn't this just beautiful?























Venus and Cupid. Happy Valentine's Day!
















We walked into this room and David said "I don't wanna see any of this stuff! My mom has stuff like these!" HILARIOUS





















Aries Zodiac sign. Written in Latin
















so these are all the things that they used to write and bind their books together. Being the crafter that I am, I was like "oooh I could use that to make cards." lol


















you can almost see Downtown L.A!
















this reminded me of the maze in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
















my tall, dark, and handsome <3



it was a lovely day! I can't wait to visit more museums, especially because I'm taking an art history class next semester!

Thank you so much for stopping by!


White Bedroom Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment