Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cricut Expression Dust Cover

Hi everyone!

It doesn't look like my craftroom will be done anytime soon because my dad hasn't found a contractor that meets his expectations. We’ve actually gone through 3 and still hasn’t been any luck. So yesterday I went to IKEA to buy some Bygel Rails to store my paper punches, ribbon reels, and miscellaneous items. Mike will help me put the rails up and 2 shelves too. But that will be done sometime next week because we’re going camping this weekend!

Each year Mike, Rony, Wendy and I go camping at least once in the Sequioa National Forest near Bakersfield, CA. Last year, we went white water rafting in the Kern River and camping on the same weekend. I nearly died when I fell off the raft and into the river. I joined the Kern River Swim Team! Lol. This year will be just fishing in the lake and hiking.

My mom absolutely love the Swap Meet. She goes EVERY single weekend. She even tried to go on Christmas Day! Of course it was closed. Anyway, on Saturday she bought a sewing machine for me for only $50 from the Swap Meet. It’s actually a decent machine. Pretty good for a starter one! I was going to buy one from Wal-Mart for about $100 but she bought me one so now I don’t have to!

Last night I tested out my new sewing machine! I made a Cricut Expression dust cover. I got the pattern from Custom Crops. This is actually the 5th one that I’ve made. I made 1 for myself and 3 to give away as gifts to some of my friends who has Cricuts a couple of Christmas’s ago. It’s actually pretty simple but adding pleats on the side is hard! I have a couple of things I want to make, like a insulated curling iron holder! I had a pattern a couple of years ago and now I can’t find it!




Here is my new toy!





While I was sewing the dust cover












The dust cover on the Cricut. It's a bit messed on the left... I need to fix the pleats!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I’ll be bonding with mother nature and hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I’ll see you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment