Monday, May 9, 2011

Ribbon reel

Good morning everybody! It’s Monday! I hope everyone had a nice mother’s day! Yesterday, Mike and I made breakfast for his mom. We made omelets…. we as in ME. Lol Mike helped preparing for most of it though. It was omelets with mushrooms, red bell peppers, onion, mozzarella cheese, and turkey bacon. YUM! It was tough making 5 omelets at once. I had to make it for his dad, his brother, and for us too. Because his mom wasn’t going to eat on her own.

We didn’t do anything for my mom because my family don’t really celebrate any holidays. Every couple of months, I just take my mom shopping and let her buy whatever she wants. Next time, I should be careful when I tell her “buy whatever you want”… last shopping trip, she ended up spending $200!

After all the Mother’s day festivities we went back to sleep and we slept for FIVE hours… in the middle of the day! Then I wanted to go to K-Mart because they had spray paints on sale for only $2.99! I wanted the spray paint for my new ribbon reels from Kaiser Crafts!




















I didn’t know that 2 of them come connected together. So my dad helped me saw them in half but I still had to sand it down so it comes out perfect! I used my nail files to sand them down! It worked remarkably well! After, Mike helped me spray paint them!




I started to put my ribbons on there but haven’t finished all of them. I didn’t realize that most of the ribbons I have are for gift wrapping (bigger than ½ inch). I need more scrapbooking/card making ribbons! Off to Michael’s I go! No, I’m just kidding… I swear that place is the devil…. Along with Joann’s!

I have another card to share with you! So we were suppose to give this to Mike’s mom but we forgot… so maybe next year!


















Cricut: Flowers with Vase – Pagoda Cartridge, Frame – Gypsy Wanderings Cartridge
Stamp: My Creative Time - Mom You ROCK
Punch: Friskars 3-In-1 Corner Punch – Sea Pearls
Other: Ribbon from Dollar Tree & Tim Holtz Distress Ink

The ribbon frayed at the end after sitting in my purse for 3 days!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment