Thursday, October 6, 2011

embossing on empty soda cans

Good morning everybody! It's a beautiful day here. Although I don't like the rain, it was so nice yesterday. The weather was all nice and chilly. I fell asleep at 7 p.m. last night and woke up at 5 a.m. this morning. But it was so cold that I didn't want to get out of bed!

I wanted to share something awesome with you guys! I’m sure some of you are aware already. Did you know that you get an empty soda can and cut it up and you can emboss on it using your Cuttlebug folders? I’ve known about this technique for awhile but never really had the chance to try it. Mostly because I don’t drink soda. So I don’t have any empty cans lying around! When I had my play date with Helen and Wendy, I saw Helen drinking a Coke. I thought of the embossing and I wanted to try it since the Machorro house hold doesn’t recycle! Haha

This is the first card I made with it. When you cut up the can, it doesn’t fit the whole Cuttlebug folder. So this is why I cut it up into squares before using it as my background. I think I’m going to try to buy tin sheets. That way I don’t have to harass my friends to drink soda so I can have their empty cans. Lol






















Cricut: Mickey Mouse & Friends Cartridge
Cuttlebug: D' Vine Swirl Embossing Folder
Punch: EK Success Punch Corner Rounder - Large, Friskars 3-In-1 Corner Punch - Lace
Stamp: The Paper Company - Greetings
Other: White Gel Pen, Empty Soda Can

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment