Wednesday, September 14, 2011

can't stop thinking of you

Good morning everybody. Happy Hump Day!!! I am feeling SOOOO relaxed today because yesterday I gave my speech in my class. Oh man was it NERVE WRECKING! I felt sick to my stomach and couldn’t stop shaking for about 30 minutes. I’m so glad I got it over with though! 1 down 4 more speeches to go. What was my speech about? The dangers of texting while driving.

When you are texting while driving, you are distracted. In 2009, an experiment by Car and Driver magazine revealed that texting while driving is more of a threat than drunk driving. While an unimpaired driver can respond quickly to changes in traffic and begin braking within half a second, a legally drunk driver needs four additional feet to begin braking—and a driver who’s texting needs 70 feet. Your reaction time in case of emergency reduces by approximately 35%.

It is a danger to the person doing it and anybody around them. So when the engine starts, the texting stops.

Heheh just a little PSA! Seriously though, the only time I text is when I’m at a red light and even then that’s illegal! If I’m on the freeway, I won’t even touch my phone. I got rear ended on the Freeway last year. After $6,000 damages to my car and $3,200 in chiropractor bills – I’m TERRIFIED of getting hit again! I cringe when the car behind me gets too close or when other people are driving and I’m the passenger and they get too close to the car in front of them. It just scares me.

Here is my card for today. Very simple. I just LOVE this stamp and wanted to use it. It the $1 stamps from Michaels. I want to use this stamp again for another card that I want to make.






















Thank you so much for stopping by! The week is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment