Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grand Opening Michaels Visit

Good morning everybody! Since Memorial Day, we had “Summer Dress” at work. We were able to wear pretty much whatever we wanted. Flip flops, shorts(Bermudas for girls) jeans, summer dresses. Sadly, today is the first day going back to business casual. Now it feels so official that summer is over! But you know what they say, when you look good – you feel good! I tried not dress so casual because I felt like I didn’t work as well. If I wore jeans – I would curl my hair or wear heels. A couple of the times(mostly Mondays) I would just wear jeans, tennis shoes, and a hoodie. I felt like such a bum!!! Enough rants about my dress code at work!

I went to Michaels yesterday! Being the nerd that I am, I had to take a picture.

















It was SOOOOOO packed! I’m not sure if it was because of the grand opening or because it was Labor Day. I mean they didn’t even have a good sale or anything. All I bought was some stamp blocks and a Cuttlebug Folder. There were like 6 registers opened and there was still like 30 people in line. Not even exaggerating. I wanted to take a picture of that… but I thought that would be a bit awkward. Lol

I made a couple of cards last night but forgot them at home because I left in a rush. So I will have them posted the rest of the week.

Yesterday I finally had some time to watch the My Creative Time’s videos. The way Emma uses her stamps… I just had to have them!!! So I ordered Gift Card Sentiments Stamp Set, The coordinating Embossed Gift Card Holder Die, and the Small Talk Stamp Set. I’m really excited for them to arrive in the mail.

Normally, I am not a big fan of giving gift cards/money as gifts. I just feel like it’s impersonal and you only do that with people you don’t really know. But there are exceptions in every case! So if and when I need it -- Gift Card Sentiments Stamp Set and The coordinating Embossed Gift Card Holder Die will be handy!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment