Thursday, April 14, 2011

heat embossing on photos

Good morning everyone! It's almost Friday! I am over the moon because Melissa has asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! She's like the big sister I never had. It's funny because when we were ziplining in Cancun, one of the tour guides asked if Melissa was my sister! We're not even of the same ethnicity. It's really funny.

Even before she asked me to be her bridesmaid I was already helping her with the planning. And I had this big idea to make save the date cards. I had to test out my idea though. Because as I've said before, it looks better in my head!

I've been stamping a lot lately and using embossing powder with my heat gun. My big idea was to get their best engagement picture, use a customize stamp with their name, wedding date, and "save the date" to stamp on a 4x6 picture, and emboss it! Well, I tested it out and it came out pretty good. The only negative thing is that the heat gun makes the picture curl up a little bit!

I tested on a couple of old pictures I have. Also, I cannot get it right white embossing powder. I am not liking the Paper Source one either. The powder isn't fine enough! It works pretty ok on paper but not on the photos.

















After this testing on picture madness, I had another idea to print the picture on white cardstock. I wonder if like Kinkos/Staples or places like that would do it! Because it would be so much easier for me to emboss on cardstock! I'll have to run this idea by Melissa.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment